Pages

The Complete Guide To Forming Habits with "Fabulous: Motivate Me!"



A lot of apps nowadays showcase their strength and prowess as all-in-one apps. Habit-trackers are one of them. Rather, habit trackers are part of them. They have simply become a small part of feature-rich apps, that they'll pretty much look like clutter to the other features. But having it as the center feature is a completely different story.

Imagine an app that puts you on a journey that softly, and gently pushing you to build that habit up. An app that gives advice and tips on how to become more focused, sleep better, etc. An app that sends you messages during your journeys, motivating you even further. The satisfying feeling of completing a challenge. The feeling of improving greatly after an entire journey. It feels, somehow as if my life were a game. 

Unobtrusive yet wonderful background music, unobtrusive yet superb interface, unobtrusive yet heart-striking motivation to keep you up and moving towards a better you. And in using that certain app for a while, without realizing it, you become accustomed to the habits you've wanted to form. 

Here, I present to you: "Fabulous: Motivate Me!"


Featuring it's science-based coaching to increase energy, feel vibrant, lose weight, sleep better, and to focus more, Fabulous instills into your life the healthy habits and routines that you'd want to stay with for the rest of your life.

Contrary to what I said earlier, this is not a habit-tracker. It's worlds apart: It's your very own Happiness Tracker.



And just so you know, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever to Fabulous. I'm merely a blogger that has been moved by this application, and now I'm sharing it with you guys! 




It all starts with choosing a Journey.
Whether you want to focus more, or feel energized, or sleep better, or lose weight and eat healthier, it's all there.

Tap on a journey, and you're set. Of course, you'll be able to add your own habits, as many of them as you want. But remember that you'll need to start small, and go at it one step at a time. This is how gentle and reassuring Fabulous is.




Once you've chosen your journey, a screen similar to this will meet you. Mine, though, has already been populated with all the habits that I want to push through. If you ask me, I'm doing great! 

Well, except for the "Learn & Study" part of my Evening Ritual. I added that habit before reaching that part of the journey, and I'm having a pretty difficult time not procrastinating. Luckily, I'm now on that part of the journey.




And on the inside, something like this. This will be the habits you need to do at that particular set. Of course, you'll be able to modify time, add more habits, remove habits, set an alarm, and many more. Sounds like any other tracker, right? 
Wrong! 

Now, here's what sets Fabulous so much further than any other.


This is what comes out when you tap on a habit. It's very own timer and interface. With it, is a relaxing, unobtrusive melody that plays. Right now, whenever that music plays, I almost instantly become focused. It seems my brain has associated Fabulous' music to focus and concentration. 

Added to that is the Fabulous voice, reading your habit for you. So that you can transition to the next without the temptation of checking your phone.






Here's a part of the settings. Here, you can change how long you'll do something, reorder the habits. (Once the check is pressed, Fabulous moves on to the next habit. Neat, right?) and many more!






Oops, I strayed too far into the habits rather than writing in order of how the journey goes. Anyway,

  you are then introduced to the actual journey. Through this clean and very unobtrusive method of motivating you, you will slowly unlock and uncover new methods and ways you can improve yourself. Reading the letters, as if you have an actual coach, to motivate you. That's not all about the coaching part though. There is so much more to this.






Here's the first letter. Of course, every Journey has letters specially for each of them. From this letter, you will begin anew. From this letter, you will improve. From this letter, you will be motivated. You will want to read the next letter. And the next. And the next. You will anticipate the unlocking of the next letter. Like a game.









And then, there's the Action Button. When you press that pink button, a screen with several activities appears. It features coached activities such as meditation, exercise, etc.





Remember how I said "that's not all" about the coaching part? This is why.









Surely, if like me, you're an absolute beginner to Meditation, you'd need instructions. And it applies not only to meditation, each and every one of those activities have multiple guided stages too. And if you're interested all for meditation, and being guided in the most effective way possible, there's this wonderful app called "Headspace" which you should check out. 

Awesome, right?









Here's what I'm talking about.






I have valid reasons for this. I swear!


 Although this app has literally erased all the other awesome habit trackers on my list such as the legendary "Habitica", this isn't a perfect application either. There are cons such as the fact that you can't use music other than the music from Fabulous, and the fact that every ritual must have an alarm, you can't have an alarmless ritual, it doesn't have a lot of "Make me Fabulous" activities, and that it doesn't store anything to cloud. Hmm, that's probably the only things I can complain about Fabulous, as I've had a great experience with this application. 

So all in all, (I sounded like an advertiser for the entire post, didn't I?) Fabulous is an app that you should try. You should try it. 


And no, you're not going to have to cut an inch off of your manliness just because it's titled "Fabulous". I don't see anything that isn't unisex in this app.

And once you've tried it, leave a comment and tell me about your experience with this wonderful app. 


Thanks, creators of Fabulous! :D

Oh, and here's their website: http://www.thefabulous.co/




 -dnaniel213


DNAniel213

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

18 comments:

  1. How do you delete a ritual?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply. You could always hold down the ritual button, and scroll down, then press "remove this ritual"

      Delete
    2. There is not a remove this ritual button.

      Delete
  2. How do you take your story and goals from one phone to another? I tried every way but did not succeed. Seems I have to restart on new phone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a pretty down side of Fabulous as of now.. There isn't any means of transferring your stories and goals that I can share with you other than starting from scratch

      Delete
  3. How can you delete journeys?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I switch to another journey without losing the progress I've made on the one that's already started?

    ReplyDelete
  5. because we want to take it on day where we are ready and we want to make sure the social groups are shown well. CompleteAlarms.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I am stuck trying to do a challenge and it's not highlighting any of the days as I go. I already emailed Fabulous, but they haven't got back to me. What I was wondering was when you do a challenge (mine is the five day error journal one) does the system fill in the day circles? I want to know if I get the habit working again will I see it on day one that one circle is filled or not until day five... The take me there works to bring me to a ritual, but those two habits don't trigger the challenge and I already added the "write in journal" suggested by the admin... so I'm a little frustrated since I've been on a five day challenge for three weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My alarm is not ringing for the morning ritual.please help me out

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the app, but $10/ month for sphere (or even $7.50 with a one year commitment) is just exorbitant. Not backing up to cloud
    ..a serious downer. Also, that some of the journeys are *sphere* not cool. Especially as the Duke academic papers are published. My 5c...wont be long before aomeonenelse comes along with a similar or better app at a reasonable price and steals market share from these guys. Monopolies are inherently expensive...just waiting for the next market competitor for prices to lower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The longer you stay with it they drop your rate so it becomes very cheap if you take the yearly rate offer for about $40... but they only offer it when you have been with the system for awhile. I have done Energize, Exercise, Mental Agility and am now doing focus and I think paying is actually well worth it as a source of ideas that are already laid out with information and action steps. As an alarm app I just use Google Calendar and switch to agenda view and have Fabulous silenced and I use the Coach.Me dashboard for community support of self improvement. So Fabulous wasn't able to do everything, but it was crazy effective at presenting to me reasonable ideas I had resisted or rejected on my own that actually helped me live a better life much faster than I would have done without it.

      Delete
  9. I like it, but.....not the price. So I would give it 2/5 stars.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How do you cancel premium membership? It doesn't say anywhere ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had this problem, you can go to your subscriptions in your google play account and cancel it there.

      Delete
  11. How do you delete your account?
    I like it but don't so...

    ReplyDelete